The Conservative-Liberal Index is a weighted average of all compiled Utah Legislative ratings that we have found.
- Many thanks to those who did the research, followed the debates, analyzed the bills, and compiled their own ratings based on THEIR principles AND have freely shared them these many years!!!
on the links below to see THEIR detailed voting analyses.
GrsRts (GR) = GrassRoots claims: "Grass Roots is committed to the Principles of Limited Government, the State and U.S. Constitutions, Representative Government, Participatory Democracy, a Free Market Economy, Separation of Powers, and Family."
- Libertas (LIB) =Libertas declares the “day will come, we believe, when individual liberty is stubbornly secured, private property is rigidly respected, and a market free from regulatory burdens and government interventions flourishes within Utah.
- UEA = Utah Education Association declares their "mission is to advance the cause of public education by promoting quality teaching and learning and advocating effectively for the rights and interests of its members."
- UTA = Utah Taxpayers Association deals mainly with tax issues and "is a non-profit, non-partisan association working for greater efficiency and effectiveness in government."
- SuthInst (SI)= Sutherland Institute "Our desire for freedom extends to generations to come and requires Sutherland constantly to educate Utah's elected officials, community leaders, and electorate in the principles of freedom."
- SIERRA = Sierra Club "activists dedicated to preserving and enjoying the land and quality of life in Utah and the West."
- Newly added this year:
- UACC = Utahns against Common Core “Parents, Teachers and Organizations for Higher Standards and Local Control”
- ACU = American Conservative Union – a national group with a Utah rating for 2015, along with all other states. “Founded in 1964, the American Conservative Union (ACU) is the nation’s original conservative organization.”